Saturday, April 4, 2009

Saturday Night Lullaby

A little early, but I have "real" work and then a few things on the Elvis Calendar.
My parents are going on their first real date in about 100 years tonight. I didn't want to be too nosy so I didn't ask what they were doing. But I did ask what a perfect date to them would be when they first started dating, which was actually when they were first married.
Long story short,
neighbors almost the whole of their lives,
Big Jim dated Marcelle's older sister Carol,
Carol gets sick of him and tries to pawn him off on younger sis,
Big Jim wants to get set up with Laurie because she had an "award winning personality" . . . aka boobies,
Laurie is already madly in love with my uncle Chip,
she in turns pawns Big Jim off on Marcelle,
they "hang out" a few times before he's shipped off to Germany and start writing each other
This whole process started when my mom was about 19. A little less than 20 years later, I was born. And that is how my mother met my father.
Marcelle said a perfect date would be the two going out on the town dancing. Big Jim decided to get all cute and say a perfect date would be him getting to fish in his boat and drink beers with his buddies half the night and Marcelle not nagging him about smelly fish guts in the kitchen sink. Big Jim got a smack on the dome for that one.
I asked if they had a song (in separate rooms of course, I didn't want anyone cheating).
Big Jim said Nat King Cole's "Unforgettable."
Marcelle said they didn't have a song and if she did, she couldn't remember. Classic.
Every song reminds you of the Big Guy, huh, Ma? ::wink:wink:nod::nod::

Don't get your hopes up Lady, I'm still not sold on the whole marriage deal. I need a more persuasive argument.

But until then, let's get FUCKED up with Ryan.




Have a beautiful Saturday and an even lovelier evening.
XOXO,
Cindy

No comments: