Friday, April 3, 2009

Because it's a shitty day out . . .

I've been catching up on Julie Doucet and then going back and rereading some of her old stuff and it's just making me feel good lately. So I feel like writing a little blurb right now on Lip Plumpers so I'm going to. I "should" remove Product Whores from my Blogroll, but I'm not going to. They did an interesting little piece on Soap and Glory's Sexy Mother Pucker (which I own and love and like the post's author, I too, own way too many lip plumpers). I don't even necessarily think I need them, the plumping of the lips that is, I think my lips are fine the way they are. My dirty little secret . . . I like the burn. I'm a freak. It's odd enough I like make-up, as my close friends point out I rarely wear it, but I LOVE to buy it. Love it. Soap and Glory is my new obsession at Target. With catchy titles and silly little Anne Taintoresque puns/blurbs/photos, I can't resist. Feet Dreams may be one of my favorite products I've tried. I work on my feet all day, so after a shower/bath I really do feel like I'm "in a deal with the devil" (one of the silly blurbs on the bottle) when I rub the pups with this green-glorified-aloe-goo. With my lips on fire, my feet calm and cool (less chance I'll run), Ripple by my side, my heart on my sleeve and Julie's My Most Secret Desire under my pillow (there's always a book under my pillow) I sleep like a baby and have sweet cookie-filled dreams.

Actual last night I had a dream that my cat Sleepy Douglas (Sleepy for short) was eating Ripple, my ferocious rat. As long as it was a dream . . .

No comments: