Friday, November 6, 2009

Your feet can smell and your nose can run . . .


The best dinner date a girl could ask for . . .

I'm watching that peanut for most of this weekend so I'll sum up my trip so far.

I love that no matter where I go, Barnes and Nobles, Targets and Applebees are still my favorite places to visit.

Did you know that Illinois has Drive-Through liquor stores? Amazing.

Why do some people here have a twang and others do not?

If I play my cards right, tomorrow night I might be able to visit a bar/club called Catch 22. I mean, really? Who names their establishment that? Love it.

Washington Park and its Carillon are a particular favorite of mine. So beautiful with the leaves all around. A red, orange and yellow explosion!!!

City Museum makes Discovery Zone look like a cardboard box. And they were playing Weezer's Blue Album. I'm sure in celebration of the release of the band's new album, Raditude . . . get hyphy. We watched Titanic and it didn't make us sad

Oh, and in St. Louis they have this corner pizza shop called B&T Pizza. It was your typical New York style sat under a heat lamp all day slice of pizza. They had a typical no smoking sign, a cigarette with a slash running through it, and a not so typical "no gun sign," a gun with a slash running through it. My phone AND camera had died so I sadly did not get a picture. Truly a regret.

There's more. And fingers crossed that next week I make it back to Chicago and the Sears Tower. The only damn touristy thing I wanted to do was see the SkyDeck.

I get to enjoy some good old Cajun seafood at a friend of a friend's birthday celebration this Sunday. I'm wondering how the seafood is in the Midwest.

Have a lovely weekend!

Love,
Cindy Mayweather


No comments: