Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Fucking Oscars

I hate watching award ceremonies. But maybe some faith in the "system" will be restored if Mary J. Blige's original song for the film Precious wins.

Make fun of me for wanting to see this film, but these people are real. I met someone the other day who had her daughter's middle name changed to "Princess." Sidenote:I met some guy once who boasted about "tricking" his college roommate into thinking his first name was something other than what it was. Then he made me try to "guess" what his middle name was . . . that game is fun if you have some unusual name (e.g. Princess), but it was Gerald. I had it figured out 5 minutes into the "game" but I think I let that nonsense go on for some time. Guy: If you really care you'll play this stupid game. Me: If you really care, you won't play stupid games.


Any who . . . the point I'm trying to make with this blog is this:

Mary J. Blige better fucking win.
Read a nifty article about the song's conception and listen to the beautiful masterpiece here.

No comments: