Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Trivia Night vs. Line Dancing

I'm not friends with my friends because they know all the answers. I'm friends with some pretty intelligent, wonderful people. I'm friends with my friends because of all the things they know, they also know how to make me smile (just by being themselves). Let's be completely honest with each other folks. What's the funnest part of a game like Cranium, the trivia part . . . or the charades? I'd rather watch a friend act out being on a roller coaster than have them shout out who the 16th president of the United States was, because even if I didn't know it was good old Honest Abe, I'd know about a million ways to go looking for THAT answer. But I could never find the image embedded in my mind now of my friend Emily doing "roller coaster." The best ever.

I like going line dancing because I love dancing. But I don't enjoy going to clubs and having gross men grind up on me. When line dancing, there is NO grinding. Score. Now it's true, until you get the hang of a dance, you may look a little foolish up on the dance floor, but the cool thing about everyone there, they're willing to help you learn it, 8 count by 8 count. No judgment, just support. It's fantastic. You don't have to have any sense of rhythm, just know how to count to 8 and not take yourself so seriously, and you'll do great. Promise.

No comments: