Monday, August 31, 2009

The Month Off, Potential New







They asked me to take a new position at work. I could have haggled for a few cents more maybe. It would have got me out of a stressful department at work. It would have been one more "thing" to add to me resume (barf). It would have meant something new.

But . . .

It was cooped up in an office. I don't do offices or cubicles.

I'm taking a month off, so the poor woman already covering in there wouldn't have gotten the vacation she wanted.

I would have been taking the opportunity away from someone else who deserves it.

If I do leave for IL (for good) after the new year, it would have been screwing the poor woman over even more (she would have had to train someone new all over again).

A few people told me to just take it, screw the corporation I work for. What have they ever done for me? Nothing. But that's just it. The corporation doesn't care who handles the job (so long as they're competent, and preferably cheap) and they'd work that other woman to the bone if they could. I don't want that for her.

Time Travel

The Tallest Man on Earth: Where Do My Bluebird Fly from shoottheplayer.com on Vimeo.

No comments: