Friday, May 1, 2009

Story

I've been dying to tell this one since October.

The scene: Winnie the Mini-Van, driving along 95 to a New Hampshire Wedding, with me at the helm and as Sara my Navigator

The song: Cookie Jar, by Gym Class Heroes

Me: I love this song.

Sara: It's about a guy being unfaithful.

Me: Noooo. It's a song about cookies.

Sara: Noooooo. It's a song about cheating . . .

Me: Prove it.

So Sara breaks down the lyrics like the fantastic English Major she is.

Sara: . . . and so, you see "cookie" is Travis' metaphor for "women."

I'm just sitting there with a huge as grin on my face.

Sara: You knew that the entire time didn't you?

Me: Yep.

Sara: So I just rambled on for nothing.

Me: Nope, you got a chance to use that BA you worked so hard to get. ::silence for a minute:: And Sara . . . I like cookies more than man-whores so . . . deep down, on some level, I like to think about it in the literal sense. Besides in a few years Nabisco will use it for a commercial or something and it really will be about cookies.

Sara: Wow. Cookies are deep.

Me: You have no idea.

I love Cookies.

No comments: