Sunday, April 12, 2009

Pieta

Photobucket



So the scriptures tell us Jesus rose from the dead today. I'm never really sure what to believe as far as such theological matters go. But historically, Jesus did exist. I love the King (Elvis), and I love to cling to the mystery that he still roams the world today; I even like to go along with the nut-bag in Tennessee that saw his face in her potato chip, but . . . well, there's nothing really wrong with believing in miracles. I believe in Mother Mary. Whether or not Jesus is indeed our savior, a mother still lost her son. So I'd like to give a ferocious soul hug to Mary, because son of God or not, no parent should HAVE to bury their child.





I usually like to get all up in the face of Dante's Inferno . . . but on days like this, Canto XXXIII of the Paradiso is what I love to read.

Whisper words of wisdom.

No comments: