Friday, March 27, 2009

Please Mr. Postman

It was a strange day yesterday . . . but I dig the strange.

Dear Mr. Postman,
I walked by your UPS truck as you dilly-dallied in Panera Bread, delivering a package or getting a coffee, I'll never know. I heard the guitar coming out of your door-less cockpit, I bet you like feeling the breeze on that patch of skin that shows between the cuff of your pant leg and the top of your sock . . . your whole ankle . . . you exhibitionist. Mr. Postman I will not include you in the lost loves of my life, I find that I happen upon you men in the oddest times of my life. And Mr. Postman why I think I love you, excuse the word "love" (I know what the word means to me, and I LOVE to use it . . . ) but I'm pressed for time you see, so "love" will suffice. Yes back to my reasons, let me bullet them for ease
  • I have a thing for men in uniform, but I can tell you're kind of a rebel which brings me to
  • I have a thing for rebels (with or without a cause, a rebel is still a rebel to me)
  • Seeing you at my door with a package generally makes my day
  • Knowing you bring smiles to the faces of others makes my day even more
  • you had THIS song blaring out of your truck and well . . . if that ain't fate, I don't know what is . . .
Please Mr. Postman, you don't have to bring me any letters, just play that song from time to time and think of me.

Dream hard and play fair
XOXO
Cindy


No comments: