Tuesday, March 24, 2009

My New York Diary Revisited

Look, I kid about not liking red heads because I had to share a bedroom with one for 9 months, give or take, who made my life miserable. She wasn't even thaaaaat bad. I'm just a creature of habit, my deodorant is always on the left hand corner of my dresser, if it's not there, I forget to put it on. I stay up late most nights, I play music all the time, I prefer writing of some sort on the wall, and I HATE having to always talk. All of these things seemed to clash with her so I compromised . . . a lot. I like to share things (books, music, movies, clothes, etc) and while I'm pretty lackadaisical about getting things back, my red-headed college roommie managed to make off with some of my most cherished belongings, my first copy of My New York Diary by Julie Doucet--- she had to do a writing assignment on comics as literature and didn't want to use that manga stuff she liked to read, no offense if that stuff floats your boat, and she left it at a Starbucks . . . good-bye Julie. Then there was my copy of Vivre sa vie --- we had a Godard Movie Night at my dorm (NYC film students . . . meh) she missed my contribution to the evening, so I lent it to her over spring break NEVER to see it again. I had two great Amnesty International tees . . . now I have one (she wanted to wear it to impress some guy, I probably don't want that one back). I had Van Morrison's Moon Dance . . . she just took it right off my desk promising to return it. Lie. Bye bye Van, it's still a marvelous night for a moon dance.

Anyhow I ordered another copy of My New York Diary and it came in the mail Saturday. I love getting mail that isn't bills. And to show there are no hard feelings to all the other Reds of the world here is a list ::shudder:: of red heads I actually love.

1. Lucille Ball (I was her for Halloween a few years back).
2. Anne from Anne of Green Gables (ahhh, yes fictional characters will be here)
3. J.B. Fletcher (aka Angela Lansbury, I loved Bedknobs and Broomsticks)
4. Strawberry Shortcake
5. Maureen O'Hara
6. Mary Magdalene
7. Carol Burnett (my Nana's favorite)
8. Samuel Clemens
9. Emily Dickinson
and last but certainly not least
10. Andia!!!!!!

Tis a marvelous night for a moon dance . . .





And a little Substitutiary Locomotion would go a long way at the Marsh . . .

No comments: