Monday, January 25, 2010

Mondays Schmondays

Post Secret gets down and dirty. Thank you.

Last Sunday the day started in silence as I literally "hung" out back in the stockroom at work with my store manager. I didn't know it would be the last time I saw her . . . In a way it's fitting. The first time I worked with her it was just her and I in the same situation. It's odd when life comes full circle.

And then my little brother pages me to tell me he found the Holy Grail of our collective childhood . . . bigger than Ewoks (sorry Mum), bigger than dinosaurs, bigger than Big Wheels and Skip-Its, Twister and all day long games of Suicide . . .

"Tina. I found The Muppet Movie and it's only 4.99. I'll go halfsies with you." Then the greatest game of hide The Muppet Movie ensues when our co-worker and friend David sees that little piece of Heaven in my hand. Of course he didn't stand a chance against the Simes siblings. It was a good show though, a good show.




On a horribly related note, once when I was in ballet class my oddball of a ballet teacher told us he had worked on a banana boat growing up and ALL I could think about was this scene below. I erupted into a horrible fit of giggles and was dismissed from class. It was his fault, shoulda known my space cadet brain couldn't handle such a distraction. He wasn't all above the jokes, just a week before this incident he drew a picture of a space shuttle and taped it on the wall above my place on the ballet barre. He told me I was its Commander-in-Chief. I tried to correct him by telling him I would be a "captain" and that commander-in-chief is more like the President and . . . I think I was dismissed from that class, too. Hmmm . . . Anarchy!!!!




It's been an odd few weeks, in retrospect I would like to end with a list of songs Miss M caught me getting down to in my van on my lunch breaks.

Sara Bareilles, Love Song
Jay Z, Can I Get A . . .
Biggie, Hypnotize
Carrie Underwood, Before He Cheats
Michael Jackson, Billie Jean
Queen, We Are The Champions
Jamie Foxx, Blame It
Groove Theory, Tell Me
Quite possibly my favorite song of '09
David Guetta, Sexy Chick
Alicia Keys, Try Sleeping with a Broken Heart then switched the station after to If I Ain't Got You

This all pales in comparison to the day I walked past her office singing Journey's Don't Stop Believing. Oh, excuse me, singing on the top of my lungs.

My favorite movie in the whole wide world was on this weekend. My friend Michael Bolton gets the whole car singing thing.


No comments: