Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Best Albums

With the dawn of iTunes and other technological advances that allow listeners to preview albums and only buy the songs they like from the album, artists have been forced to step it up. I can remember being so annoyed when buying a whole album and only liking 3 of the 14 tracks. I've decided to compile a list of my favorite albums. These albums, in my opinion, are listenable the whole way through. There are no "new" albums on here because I only wanted to pay homage to the artists who followed through in decades past. There are no "indie" artists as well. These are artists who DIDN'T have to deliver quality art, tools would have bought their albums regardless. In that vain, I also decided not to include debut albums, leaving a lot of my favorite artists and albums in the cold.

I'm just going to start to list them, maybe I'll follow with an additional list or a list of runner-ups. There are no "compilations" on here either. They are straight up, "studio albums."

House of the Holy
Speaking in Tongues
Burnin'
Little Creatures
Pet Sounds
The Score
Nebraska
The Velvet Rope
Nevermind
OK Computer
CrazySexyCool
Abbey Road
Share My World
And pretty much the whole Bjork discography minus the remix albums and such, but only excluded because of the "rules."



















No comments: