Sunday, June 28, 2009

Q: Why Does The Nice Guy Finish Last?


(. . . even if he was born to run)

A: Because he never thinks he has to play by the same rules as all the other players.

I wrote about accepting all the horrible things a guy might say to me if I finally told him I cared. I wasn't asking for any explanation of said possible things, I was just recognizing the possibility of those things happening and realizing he was worth all that pain. Like my buddy pointed out tonight no one really "knows" anyone else (don't fuck with me on this point, I'm versed in epistemology) . . . all we have are our beliefs. I finally got to a point where I was certain the pain of losing this guy was something I was prepared to live with. But not getting a chance to try . . . well that was a regret I was not prepared to accept.

Apparently the feeling was not mutual, he still needed more facts. Sorry I didn't come with a receipt and a 30 day money back guarantee. On that note, I hate working the return desk of Marshalls. I hate having to tactfully call people out on lying.

I can be wrong about the facts. I can misunderstand all the reasons. I can miss all the clues.

But how I feel is very much real. And as I've stated previously in past arguments, you can't really argue with feeling.

No comments: