Saturday, June 6, 2009

3 In A Row Dedication

Suck it David Allan Boucher. I don't think you've ever played any Johnny. You don't know love if you don't listen to Johnny Mercer's songs.

I'd like to send this 3 In A Row Dedication out to someone very special. Honey if you don't know who you are by now . . . me telling you won't do any good.

And for kicks, they're all Frank singing Johnny. Crooners swoon together.

Come Rain or Come Shine

Fools Rush In

Too Marvelous For Words

And you are too marvelous for words but I'll try.
I can't keep my phone on me and text you all day. But you make me wish that I could.
You really do make me wish there was an eighth day of the week that no one else knew about. I fell in love with you even more when you threw your arms up in exasperation. When I see you I struggle with turning and running away, because a huge part of me just wants to throw my arms around you and start kissing you despite wherever we are and whoever else is around or how you might feel about it. And not the kind of "I just want to get in your pants" kind of kissing (not that I don't want to get in your pants but that isn't what this has ever been about). But the kind of kissing you do when you're just so happy to see that one person, it's the only thing that comes to mind to do because you're pretty sure gibberish would just come out of your mouth otherwise, you're THAT excited. The kind of kissing that makes you wish there was a secret ninth day created just for that kind of kissing. I snuggle my face up against the back of YOUR neck and feel like that was the spot invented just for me. But then I laugh to myself because that's the exact same way I felt when you were facing me, holding me in your arms. You are definitely easy on the eyes, and that cliche is merely an understatement. God, you look so good to me. And when you look at me, you make me feel beautiful. I walk around in circles with you and feel like I'm on an adventure. I even dream about you when I dream in my dreams you are that embedded in there.

No comments: