Saturday, May 9, 2009

The Promise in a Smile (when you didn't play it cool)




Q&A: The Music That Moves Steve Earle

Ironically, I couldn't find a youtube version of Townes doing "Colorado Girl," so we're gonna let Devendra Banhart fuck with it, alright Earle, alright? Not too shabby.





And speaking of Kings of Leon, I'm feeling particularly generous.




At the end of the month, money permitting, I'm going for my next tattoo. It will be the first one that isn't a word (without even planning it, I have a word in a font, a printed word, and a phrase in cursive). At work we get these little bar codes on the edge of our pay checks that we use for our employee discount. So I'm getting one of those tool bag bar codes, only it'll actually have meaning to me so people can kiss my French Canadian white ass if they got a problem with it. We can move on up and get that piece of the pie, but when we forget the working man still working the third shifts and the graveyard shifts somewhere . . . we lose. Period.

Saturday Night Lullaby(s)

Dream hard, play fair, enjoy the ride and never forget,
xoxo,
Cindy Mayweather

And it is a ride and a play (comedy/tragedy) and a poker game and an ocean full of waves . . . so (shrugs shoulders) learn how to laugh at your own shitty jokes.

No comments: