Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Hustle Loses Sexy Mickey, Gains Ne-yo's Little Brother, Cool.

So AMC has played host to some of the only decent shows on the tube lately in my opinion (Hustle, Breaking Bad, and Mad Men). My definition of "good"--- if it can hold my attention for the hour, through commercial breaks, bathroom breaks, Marcelle-nagging breaks, you catch the drift. My favorite out of these three would have to be Hustle. Last night, er . . . early morning I watched my first episode of the latest season. It wasn't the first of the season, just MY first episode of the season. So what I can deduce Mickey left (initial sadness until I see the fine, fine, fine man they got who is added to the team). I'm always weary of cast loses and add-ons. We'll see where this goes. I'm not sure I like the idea of Danny leading the team; I would have jumped off the couch and screamed with joy had Stacie been the one in charge, ah well . . . someday. Episode 21 had the team working pro-bono to take a real ball-busting bitch down. To me the team of grifters takes on the job of the Lone Ranger in the lawless land of white collar corruption. What Veronica Powell is doing in this episode is down right skeevy. It's deplorable, it's immoral . . . but it's all legal. With so many shows dealing with the idea of the "other" or the typical sexual deviant or the "terrorists," it's refreshing to see shows that prove the law of a land is only as sound as the hearts of those who inhabit it.

Thank you Drawn and Quarterly for the Newbury Comics throw back picture. The new store in Quincy Market is boss.

I heard Cold War Kids, Hang Me Out to Dry in a commercial for the show Burn Notice on the USA Network. I love Bruce Campbell and from the episodes I've seen of the show . . . he's pretty much the only thing the show's got going for it.

Talked Edith Piaf with some TCK at work. So here; enjoy. "La Foule" is how I feel about everything right now.

No comments: