Wednesday, June 25, 2014

The Calm

I haven't been writing much these last few years. The wears and tears have been starting to show. Today a coworker asked me how I could be so calm when so many seemingly horrible/stressful things are happening around me. The only thing I could think to tell her was it had become a life choice. It's not that I don't care, I've just figured out where the eye of the storm lies. The Serenity Prayer has always meant something to me, and it helps lead me to the Calm: 

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And wisdom to know the difference.

The best part of living life this way, I still get to see the storm for what it truly is, one beautiful, incredible mess. 



Check ignition and my God's love be with you

No comments: