Saturday, October 31, 2009

Kids

You're less concerned about existential questions when you have kids, well maybe you're more, wait . . . what I'm saying is this . . .

They ask "why" a lot, like why should I shampoo my hair? Or why should I always listen to police officers, why should I go to bed when Mom says . . . or why it's bad to hit people. It's harder than any philosophy class I've ever taken (fuck Global Ethics in comparison to bath time). They ask the questions we're still asking ourselves. And then, just when us single folks are questioning the meaning of life, they wake us up at 6:30 in the morning, telling us about the dream they had about elephants and unicorns, then demanding breakfast. They snuggle up next to us in bed and figure out a way to get us up, ready to face the day.

I spent several hours of my life today trying to outsmart a 3-year-old. I'm not ashamed. They're smarter than we think.

Have you hung out with a kid lately? Fuck your "hits" on youtube or statcounter. You're still not as cool as cupcakes.

No comments: